Philosophy & Expectations
In a world where schools focus more and more on academics and test scores often to the exclusion of everything else, we seek to educate the whole person. It is our firm belief that a child’s emotional, moral, and spiritual development is just as important as their intellectual and physical education. While we base our educational philosophy in the best traditions of the Catholic faith, including a strong emphasis on Spiritus Donorum, “The Spirit of Giving,” we believe in including students from throughout our community, from all faiths and backgrounds.
Our mission is to serve God by providing a challenging academic education rooted in Catholic values and morals in developing the whole person.
Juan Diego Catholic High School exists to teach and promote gospel values to all members of this community of faith, with a special emphasis on Spiritus Donorum (Spirit of Giving). We …
- Build the Kingdom of God.
- Demonstrate love, respect, and responsibility for humanity and ourselves through service, justice, and participation in the global community.
- Develop the person; morally, intellectually, emotionally, physically, and socially.
- Function in a dynamic collaboration of parents, students, faculty, staff, and the greater community to provide a Catholic and academic education that our students will become active Christians.
Juan Diego Catholic High School students are ACTIVE CHRISTIANS who
- Serve others through their gifts and talents, in their daily lives
- Have knowledge of Church doctrine, social teachings, Scripture, and prayer
- Make informed moral decisions guided by Catholic values
- Demonstrate an awareness of God through prayer and reflection
Juan Diego Catholic High School students are MOTIVATED LEARNERS who
- Demonstrate curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
- Articulate ideas clearly, creatively, and effectively
- Read for content and enjoyment with a high degree of interest and comprehension
- Express written thoughts clearly, using correct grammar and mechanics
- Compute mathematically in an accurate way and interpret the results of these computations effectively
- Think critically and solve problems independently
- Utilize technology appropriately and as an effective tool for learning
- Are prepared to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
Juan Diego Catholic High School students are RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS who
- Perform service to their school and community
- Exhibit a sense of social responsibility guided by compassion, confidence, and integrity
- Are able to work cooperatively with others
- Are cognizant of world affairs and the impact on one’s lives
- Exhibit good sportsmanship