About Juan Diego Catholic High School
Founded in 1999, Juan Diego Catholic High School is a private high school affiliated with the Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake City. While 86% of our students are Catholic, many represent faiths outside of the Catholic tradition. Students come to Juan Diego because they want to experience the rigorous academic environment we have created, along with our top-tier sports, arts, and other extracurricular programs. We also put a strong emphasis on Spiritus Donorum, or the “Spirit of Giving,” our school’s motto and underlying devotion to charitable giving and good works.
Juan Diego Catholic High School is part of a 57-acre campus which also includes Saint John the Baptist Catholic Elementary and Middle Schools. Tours are encouraged and are available upon request.
Our mission is to serve God by providing a challenging academic education rooted in Catholic values and morals in developing the whole person.
Juan Diego Catholic High School exists to teach and promote gospel values to all members of this community of faith, with a special emphasis on Spiritus Donorum (Spirit of Giving). We …
- Build the Kingdom of God.
- Demonstrate love, respect, and responsibility for humanity and ourselves through service, justice, and participation in the global community.
- Develop the person; morally, intellectually, emotionally, physically, and socially.
- Function in a dynamic collaboration of parents, students, faculty, staff, and the greater community to provide a Catholic and academic education that our students will become active Christians.
Juan Diego Catholic High School students are ACTIVE CHRISTIANS who
- Serve others through their gifts and talents, in their daily lives
- Have knowledge of Church doctrine, social teachings, Scripture, and prayer
- Make informed moral decisions guided by Catholic values
- Demonstrate an awareness of God through prayer and reflection
Juan Diego Catholic High School students are MOTIVATED LEARNERS who
- Demonstrate curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
- Articulate ideas clearly, creatively, and effectively
- Read for content and enjoyment with a high degree of interest and comprehension
- Express written thoughts clearly, using correct grammar and mechanics
- Compute mathematically in an accurate way and interpret the results of these computations effectively
- Think critically and solve problems independently
- Utilize technology appropriately and as an effective tool for learning
- Are prepared to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
Juan Diego Catholic High School students are RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS who
- Perform service to their school and community
- Exhibit a sense of social responsibility guided by compassion, confidence, and integrity
- Are able to work cooperatively with others
- Are cognizant of world affairs and the impact on one’s lives
- Exhibit good sportsmanship
Academics—Learning real-world applications from a variety of advanced academic programs, such as AP courses and scientific research with University of Utah. A home away from home atmosphere allows students to learn in a welcoming, safe space where they can grow as individuals, together.
Athletics—Teaching students the value of hard work, determination, and confidence in a team atmosphere while promoting a sense of belonging, purpose, and comraderie. Our programs create lasting friendships and unforgettable memories.
Arts—Expressing yourself while becoming a well-rounded individual. We encourage students to pursue their passion while learning the value of a satisfying and rewarding artistic education.
Values—Developing well-rounded individuals beyond the classroom to help them be respectful, tolerant, and accepting members of society. A top priority at Juan Diego is cultivating the “whole” person.